After a wonderful day visiting the Saint Springs and the Sanitorium (read previous Blogs), we all enjoyed what would be my final meal for this year at Lyudmila's home. The newer person in the group picture is Elena's boyfriend, Vitaly.
Lyudmila and I have been busy packing all day and re-packing). Unfortunately, Delta is getting good at their games. When I came over to Moscow, I was a Delta SkyMiles "Silver Medallion" member, which this membership expired (you have to travel a minimum mileage each year to maintain it) at the end of March so the two bag allowance, each allowing 70 pounds is now not allowed...
I will now have to pay for the second bag (roughly $70) and the maximum weight on each is 50#. How fair is that, to get me here and allow 2 bags at #70/each, but if you want to get home, you are going to pay dearly? These airline companies are getting repulsive in their actions. Makes you never want to travel. Oh, well.
This has been a wonderful month in Russia and there are so many people to thank for their hospitality and kindness that it would take the end of the Internet to begin. I am really fortunate to have such wonderful friends in Russia as well as the best Mother-in-Law anyone could ever have. I am truly blessed and do not take that for granted. Thanks to everyone!! And thanks to you for having enough interest in this wonderful culture and its people to learn more about it through my eyes... hope we can do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment