Thursday, April 1, 2010

Final Day of Class — Russia 2010 - Day 33



Wednesday was my last official day of class for this year at Moscow State Agro-engineering University. The students made their final class project presentations, which were really well done. I have really enjoyed this group of students. It has also been a neat addition to have the new addition this year of the two French students.

The students had to create several materials for the class, and the main focus was on a video that promoted a special area within Russian culture. I will be adding the videos here soon.

Dr. Dennis Buffington, the Professor from Penn State that will teach the students in April, attended the students' presentations. Dennis is a highly successful Full Professor in Agricultural Engineering. This will be his tenth straight year teaching in this program and we are really fortunate to have him join us.

After class we went to Red Square to take some pictures and have dinner at Stolovaya 57 (Canteen) at GUM. I will definitely miss this group, as well as the many new Russian friends I made while here. On Friday, I will go spend Easter in another region of Russia with my mother-in-law. That will really be fun as she is such a wonderful person. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment