After Isaac and I had lunch Saturday afternoon, I took the Metro to the south side of Moscow to meet with Kyra, the friend of Igor, that took me to Tula and the Georgian restaurant this past Friday night. Kyra's sister had a set of paintings on display at an exhibition and we went to see those. The artwork in the first six pictures of the slideshow above were created by her sister. I met Kyra three years ago and almost each year I come to Moscow I try to visit with her and Igor. After viewing all of the art on display, we took the Metro back up to the heart of the city and cruised to a tea shop where I got some Tiramisu and a pot of tea and we had a nice visit. By this time of the day, the rain that Isaac and I endured all morning stopped and the wonderful 6 degree celsius weather was almost a pleasure.
As we departed, Kyra and I went to the Metro station that is on Tverskaya street, which passes right in front of the beautiful State Museum, led by General Zhukov on his horse. This is the entrance to Red Square and the focal point of Moscow. Almost out of a movie, Kyra and I went down to the Metro cars and I got on the one to the left, headed for home, and hers was on the right.
The remaining pictures were ones I took when I was en-route to meet Kyra, mostly in the Metro station named "Ploshad Revolyutsii," (Revolution Square). This station is well known for its beautiful (72) bronze statues. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment