Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Russia 2010 — Day 11 – Moiseyev Dance Performance at Tchaikovsky Concert Hall



This evening I had the opportunity to go to the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall and see the famous Igor Moiseyev Ballet. The university I am collaborating with in Moscow bought tickets for a French administrator (from an agricultural academy in Dijon) and his wife and asked if I wanted to join them and one of the Russian graduate students. This was not what many would consider the traditional ballet that Russians do so well, but the performance, "Folk Dances of the World" was absolutely amazing. We were lucky enough to sit on the 8th row and i was on the aisle, so the view was great. WHAT AN EVENING! This is how one should enjoy Moscow, right in the heart of the city, taking in some of the best music and dance in the world. I just wish Mom(s) and Olga were here to see this. The symphony music was amazing also. I bought a DVD outside of the theater that has past performances from this group and on first preview, it was worth the $15.

A Quick View of the Inside of Tchaikovsky Concert Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment