Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dinner with Students — Russia 2010 - Day 19



A couple of weeks ago, Lyudmila, my mother-in-law, cooked a lot of wonderful Russian food and brought to Moscow for me so I could eat in my room. I had some of the students come have some of the food and Sergey Kleymenov joined us. Sergey was home with his family over the weekend and his Mom said she wanted to cook something for us too. This evening I asked the Americans and French students come and eat the cutlets and mashed potatoes that Tatiana (Sergey’s Mom) made for us.

After dinner, I asked Sergey to cut up the Tulsky Pryanik that I bought for the students in Tula on Sunday. We enjoyed it with some Starbucks coffee and hot tea. We had a nice evening and I got the chance to meet Guillaume’s (French student) friend, whose name is also Tatiana.

I want to make one more comment about the level of hospitality that Russians have always given to me. It is really heartwarming to know how generous these people can be. In my opinion, there is a LOT we can learn back home…

Special Thanks to Tatjana Gennadevna for Her Wonderful Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment