In the class I am teaching here in Moscow, “Communication Methods and Media in International Agriculture,” some of the assignments involve photography. After we completed several in-class activities this morning, the students (in their teams) went out for an hour this afternoon and shot photos in some of the older Metro stations in the central part of Moscow. I decided to follow David (American), Guillaume (French) and Dennis (Russian) and photograph some of their work. They went on the “Brown” Metro line, which is the circle that goes around Moscow. We only had time for three stations, which included Belorusskaya and Kievskaya. The Belorusskaya Metro station, completed in 1938, is near the train station (Belorussky) that runs to Belarus. Many times when I have taken an overnight train to see my Mother-in-Law, I have departed from that train station (she lives in Western Russia).
Many of these older Metro stations served as bomb shelters during World War II, better known to Russians as the Great Patriotic War.
Here are some of the photos taken by Isaac Bredeson from his team (Galya and Maksim)
No comments:
Post a Comment