If you have been following this Blog, you probably saw the slideshow of these pictures a couple of days ago. I wanted to show the students the pictures from the excursion before class started yesterday so I quickly pulled them up in the Macintosh "iPhoto" program where I keep them stored. Within ten seconds, I picked a transition/theme (this neat theme is called "Shatter") and I let it use its own built-in music. The real video is much better than above since you have to compress videos to run them on the Web, losing a lot of picture quality.
Anyway, my point is that although cost may be a slight issue, with the performance that a Mac gives you as well as the creativity, why use anything else? If I need to use a specific Windows program, I can easily open Windows 7 on my Mac and run it here without a problem. Next time you need a computer, stop and think for a minute... virus-laiden PC, or Mac? Performance, or continuous headaches? I can list MANY more. For educators and students, it should be a no-brainer as Mac gives real nice discounts for them... so, students, no excuses, OK!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment