Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Russia 2010 — Day 5




Today was the first class with the students for the Spring 2010 semester. In past years, we've had Americans and Russians. This year there are two French students, which really adds another neat aspect. I took a few pictures of the students when they were working on some planning activities. They also agreed to pose with their new "Clemson" bags I brought to them as a gift.

After class was over, I needed to take a trip two Metro stops away to pick up some items at the grocery store. Isaac went with me since he needed some things too (and to keep me from gliding on the many icy spots between the Metro station and the hostel). I thought it would be interesting for readers to see the interior of the "Kiosk" area that is below the ground, near the Metro entry/exit. Below is a video clip of the Metro leaving the station to see how it all sounds/looks. The Metro system in Moscow is really a valuable means for moving quickly around the city at a low cost.

A brief video of our Metro leaving the station...

No comments:

Post a Comment